How Workplace Digitization Trends in 2023 are Reshaping Business Success
May 5, 2023 / Workelevate / 0 Comments
Workplace digitization is transforming the way businesses operate, paving the way for increased productivity, efficiency, and innovation. Companies worldwide are leveraging digital tools and platforms to unlock new opportunities and stay competitive in an increasingly interconnected world. In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits and challenges of workplace digitization, supported by real-life examples and compelling data points.
The New Frontier of Collaboration
- According to a McKinsey Global Institute report, digital communication and collaboration tools can increase productivity by 20-30% among knowledge workers.
- The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the shift towards remote work, with a significant percentage of organizations worldwide encouraging or requiring employees to work from home. This new reality has made digital collaboration even more critical.
- Companies like GitLab, a fully remote organization with employees across numerous countries, showcase the power of digital collaboration. By leveraging tools like Slack, Zoom, and their own GitLab platform, they maintain effective communication and collaboration across time zones.
Remote Work and the Gig Economy
- It’s estimated that a large portion of the workforce will work remotely at least five days a month in the coming years. Workplace digitization has made this transition possible by offering employees the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- A study by Upwork found that freelancers contributed significantly to the U.S. economy, with a notable increase from the previous year. The gig economy thrives on digital platforms, connecting businesses with on-demand talent.
- Companies like Toptal and Fiverr are capitalizing on the gig economy by offering digital marketplaces where businesses can access skilled professionals worldwide.
AI and Automation in the Workplace
- The global AI market is expected to reach impressive heights in the coming years, with AI-driven automation projected to save companies billions annually .
- A Gartner report found that AI and machine learning will create more jobs than they eliminate, emphasizing the importance of adapting to the changes brought on by AI and automation.
- Companies like Nexthink, Lakeside Systrack, and Workelevate are revolutionizing the workplace with Digital Employee Experience (DEX), automating repetitive tasks and enabling employees to focus on higher-value work.
The Digital Workplace and Employee Experience
- A Gallup study found that companies with highly engaged employees outperform their peers significantly in earnings per share. Digital tools can enhance employee engagement by streamlining workflows and offering personalized learning opportunities.
- Companies like Google and Microsoft invest heavily in creating digital workplace environments that foster collaboration and innovation. These tech giants prioritize employee well-being through ergonomic office designs, wellness programs, and digital mental health resources.
- Companies like Moveworks, Amelia, Kore and Workelevate are revolutionizing the Employee Experience by providing conversational AI chatbots for a seamless experience without any human intervention .
Cybersecurity and Data Protection
- Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that global cybercrime costs will reach astounding figures annually in the near future, up from previous years. Protecting sensitive business data is crucial in the digital age.
- Implementing strong cybersecurity measures is essential, but companies must also invest in employee training. A study by Tessian found that a significant percentage of data breaches were caused by human/employee error. As human/employees are the new perimeter.
- Companies like CrowdStrike offer cutting-edge cybersecurity solutions to protect organizations from sophisticated cyber threats.
- Companies facing cost constraints in building an internal cybersecurity practice and hiring subject matter experts in the security domain should consider leveraging Managed Security Operations Center (SOC) services offered by experienced IT managed services providers. This approach allows businesses to access comprehensive security expertise while optimizing costs and resources.
Conclusion: In conclusion, workplace digitization presents both immense opportunities and challenges for businesses. By embracing the digital transformation and adapting to the new world of work, organizations can unlock higher productivity, efficiency, and innovation. It’s crucial for companies to invest in digital tools, employee training, and cybersecurity measures to stay competitive in the modern business landscape.
- How to Craft a Digital Workspace in 2024: The Four Pillars of Maturity with Workelevate
- Mastering IT Asset Management Best Practices with Workelevate
- CIO’s Checklist: Leveraging Employee Chatbots for Digital Transformation
- 5 Key Elements of a Positive Digital Employee Experience and How to Achieve Them
- The Potential of AI in HR: Top Tactics and Statistics 2023