How Digitization of Workplace Improves Employee Experience in a Hybrid World?
February 22, 2023 / Workelevate / 0 Comments
Hybrid work is continuing to reign in 2023. For millions of people, hybrid working is the preferred option, allowing for increased productivity, better work-life balance, and a more sustainable way of work benefiting both employees and businesses. The new working model has also accelerated the digitization of the workplace, pushing businesses to focus on the employee experience.
- According to a pwc survey, 81% of employees in India believe that their work can be carried out remotely.
- The adoption of remote and hybrid work models has increased to 84%, with a rise of more than 30% from 2022, indicating a growing preference for flexibility among employees – 2023 State of the Digital Workplace and Modern Intranet
- Companies that provide their employees with technology that supports them at work experience a 230% increase in employee engagement and an 85% higher likelihood of retaining their employees for more than three years. – Harvard Business Review
- According to Slack, the use of real-time collaboration tools and support can lead to a 30% increase in productivity.
How the Workplace has been Evolving?
The workplace has been evolving rapidly over the past few decades, driven by advances in technology, globalization, and changing social and economic trends. The traditional office setup, with its strict hierarchy, fixed working hours, and physical presence requirements, has transformed into a more flexible, collaborative, and an employee-centric environment online.
Today, employees expect to work in an environment that supports their creativity, and personal growth. Businesses are increasingly recognizing the value of creating such an environment to attract and retain top talent. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of remote work and digital technologies, making the workplace more virtual, adaptable, and inclusive. As a result, the workplace of today is vastly different from that of even a decade ago and is expected to continue to evolve and meet the changing needs and aspirations of employees and businesses alike.
Here’s How Digitization of The Workplace Improves Employee Experience:
Digitization of the workplace allows employees to have access to support, information, and resources they need in real-time. With self-service portals, employees can resolve IT issues on their own, access policies and benefits information, and even request time off with ease, saving time and reducing the workload of IT & HR service desks.
Automated Support Operations
Organizations can improve the employee experience and increase digital workplace efficiency by automating support operations for IT, HR, Field, Finance, Facilities, etc. Workplace Chatbots and AI-powered end-user support can help resolve queries quickly, allowing employees to focus on their work and increasing their productivity.
Digital communication tools for instant messaging, video conferencing, and collaborative workspaces make it easier for employees to work together and collaborate on projects, no matter where they are located. Along with integrated 24/7 business applications support, collaboration applications not only improve employee engagement but also promote innovation and knowledge sharing.
End-User Device Management
With the digitization of the workplace, end-users can leverage self-healing tools to troubleshoot device issues and apply remediations. IT teams can remotely monitor and manage end-user devices, ensuring that they are up-to-date, secure, and functional. This eliminates the need for employees to wait for IT support, saving their valuable time and increasing productivity.
Enhanced Productivity with Minimum Downtime
Digitization provides employees with easy access to information, resources, and tools they need to complete their work, resulting in faster and more efficient work processes. Additionally, cloud-based solutions enable employees to work remotely, increasing flexibility and productivity with minimum downtime.
Employee Onboarding & Offboarding Efficiency
Digitization of the workplace streamlines the onboarding and offboarding process, enabling new hires to get up to speed quickly and leaving a positive impression on outgoing employees. This results in a better employee experience, improved process efficiency, and reduced administrative workload for the HR teams.
Happy Employees, Happier Customers
Workplace digitization leads to instant support for employees working flexibly and collaboratively across multiple locations. Real-time collaboration and instant support, keeps them engaged. Employees are empowered with technologies and workplace services to stay productive, resulting in better business operations, improved customer service and a more positive customer experience.
Reduced Operational Costs
Digitization of the workplace help organizations save cost by reducing the need for manual service desks, decreasing headcounts, and streamlining automated processes. In addition, digitization can enable organizations to better track and analyze end-user experience, leading to more informed decision-making and increased profitability.
Is Your Business Ready for The Future of Work?
As we move forward in an ever-changing business landscape, digitizing workplace services is crucial to staying ahead of the curve and achieving long-term success. Companies that implement the digitization of their workplaces are better equipped to respond quickly to changing market demands and consumer needs. Businesses can confidently scale their operations, reduce costs, and expand their reach to new markets with an empowered workforce.
- How Service Automation Improves Employee Experience?Employee experience has taken a center stage in this hybrid …
Continue reading "How Service Automation Improves Employee Experience?"
- How Digitization of Workplace Improves Employee Experience in a Hybrid World?Hybrid work is continuing to reign in 2023. For millions …
Continue reading "How Digitization of Workplace Improves Employee Experience in a Hybrid World?"
- The Future of Work – Conversational Chatbots for Digital Workplace SupportConversations between people and computers are becoming increasingly common in …
Continue reading "The Future of Work – Conversational Chatbots for Digital Workplace Support"
- 5 Effective Ways to Improve Employee Experience for A Remote WorkforceAutomation of routine tasks paves the way to creating a …
Continue reading "5 Effective Ways to Improve Employee Experience for A Remote Workforce"
- Why Workelevate? – Time to Rethink Employee Experience in a Digital WorldThe future of work is here! Businesses are running hybrid. …
Continue reading "Why Workelevate? – Time to Rethink Employee Experience in a Digital World"